Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter and Christmas Decorations A La Silhouette...

So after getting the blades replaced by Silhouette (and their awesome customer service!) I was finally able to start cutting some vinyl stuff...

I did some Winter/Christmas Decor with it..

My front door..  (Please ignore the yellow lab nose art...)



I had originally cut out "Let It Snow" to put on the front glass door, and then quickly realized that I hadn't reversed the image and that the vinyl would either have to be put on outside in the elements or it would be backwards when people walked up to the door.

SOOOOO long story short, if you are putting it on a glass door, and don't want it out in the elements on the outside of the door...  Remember to flip it around before you cut it!
















Not wanting to waste the "Let It Snow" sign I applied it on the inside of the back door.....




























And last but not least - the door that leaves our kitchen and goes into our laundry room...
We just added the snowflakes randomly to some of the panes in the door...






























Andra helped us go around randomly sticking the vinyl snowflakes around on the front and back door and on the laundry room door.  We had a lot of fun doing it. 

(I got my vinyl from http://www.expressionsvinyl.com/.  They have sheets sized for the Silhouette machine, lots of color options, and very reasonable prices.  I personally preferred the brand of vinyl they sent to the Silhouette brand vinyl I had purchased.  It seemed to have more "stick" to it.)

No comments: