Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Denial Ain't Just A River In Egypt.

So apparently Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
I have been in some SERIOUS denial.. 
Its not that I didn't know I was chubby fat.  I knew.  But I kept telling myself "Its not THAT bad.."  "You haven't had to go up a size in jeans.."  "You might muffin top out of those jeans a little, but you can still button them easily.." 
It is, by the way, THAT BAD.

I'm not going to post my weight and humiliate myself publicly, but I will share my losses and gains with you.

I knew better than to try changing my life style at the holidays.  I am a damn good baker and an occasionally decent cook.  I stress out enough about money, accomplishing everything, and making sure my gift decisions weren't totally LAME, when I'm not starving myself.

I also knew better than to start a lifestyle change with in a day or two of New Years - there is always Olliebollen to eat.  Which ironically is supposed to make you fatter.  Go figure.

I was going to wait until the 3rd, but went a head on January 2nd, 2011 and joined Weight Watchers.  I didn't have an accurate scale, so I put in the weight I was at a doctors appointment one year earlier.  I got logged in, got some grocery ideas, and off to Walmart we went.

While I was there, I bought a new digital scale.
When we got home with it, I had to wait until everyone had left the kitchen before I would venture on it.

So when I was sure nobody was peeking, I stepped on.

I looked down and it was almost as much as I weighed in my 3rd tri of pregnancy with Andra!  WHAT!?

I got back off, looked around, got back on. Same ugly number.

I got back off, picked it up and looked it over good - checking for manufacturer defects.  I put it down, got back on and still that same scary scary number.

I got back off, took it in another room of the house because "THE FLOOR MUST NOT BE LEVEL!"

Got back on, same number.

Went and got the kids, whose weight I have more accurate idea of - theirs was right.

Got a 4lb bag of sugar out of the pantry and put on it, it was right.

I got back on, yep,  I weigh as much now as I did in my 3rd trimester of PG with Andra. 

Matt, a very very thoughtful hubby, purchased us a Wii Fit.  Its a little depressing when it makes your Mii fat too..  Thats been getting us up off our butts quite a bit. But the kids have probably gotten the most use of out if.  go figure!  LOL

So my first weigh in was on 1/2.
My second was on 1/9.  I was down 2.2lbs.
Today (in between weigh ins) I am presently down 4.4lbs.

Any good Weight Watchers meals you feel like sharing?  I'm trying to find an even medium where I'm not cooking 2 separate meals and not putting my family on a diet as well.

No comments: